In Defense of Stimming: How the autistic mind actually pays attention

Hello everyone

I've been in a slump and I wanted to get some good paying jobs for structure and of course for big moneys, as the kids say I am quite sure that in many cases especially when I get a face to face interview I have been denied the job and sometimes they end the interview early, simply because I am autistic, and I also have ADHD. This is more of an informal blog leaning heavily on my own personal life.

I think stimming is part of it, and I wish I do not have to call that out but unfortunately it seems to be frowned upon in the professional world and I never get the chance to defend myself on that or have any true allies with sympathetic and open minds.

For the record, stimming here means any self-regulation behaviors and actions one does, especially autistic and neurodivergent people. All I know is that it just helps me, even if I look weird doing it. Please be considerate and kind, and mind your own business. Let me act naturally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hellenist's review of Natalie Haynes' Pandora's Jar: Women in the Greek Myths (Pandora the first woman ever)

Confessions of Isolation

As a trans woman I think that...: A Short Essay on Transmisogyny