How is ADHD even real?

 Hello everyone! 

This is Diana, your writer, and I have ADHD.

It's like "yeah and?"– however, the point is not me today, but what I have. So, ADHD, short for Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. It was also known as ADD, pretty much the same thing without the H

The DSM-V defines it as 

A. A persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development, as characterized by 1. Inattention: Six (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted for at least 6 months to a degree that is inconsistent with developmental level and that negatively impacts directly on social and academic/occupational activities:and/or 2. Hyperactivity and impulsivity: Six (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted for at least 6 months to a degree that is inconsistent with developmental level and that negatively impacts directly on social and academic/occupational activities:

It gives further examples of behaviors and actions to elaborate that definition.  

The fact I started this project months ago really shows that I do have ADHD.

And I try to finish it, I seem unable to do so

Relatable? 

Well, I have so many various hyper-fixations that distract me yet they often stimulate my mind more than anything else especially in spare time, although holding a job can be difficult which makes hyper-fixations problems in that case. People tend to think of ADHD as something children have and it disrupts their school work (kinda like autistic stereotypes?)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hellenist's review of Natalie Haynes' Pandora's Jar: Women in the Greek Myths (Pandora the first woman ever)

Confessions of Isolation

As a trans woman I think that...: A Short Essay on Transmisogyny