Sighs-o-Plenty (Poem)

To my loved ones,

Wake up cold and warm burning an aching numbing it’s a warning  

My soul sighs and my mind freezes Why doth not it to myself appeases?  

Cry, weep, and scream out your heart; these will be the best and worst part 

Of mornings of mourning till still noon. Yet hours post Meridiem go too soon  

Evening and cocktail hour are upon us; We pray to those who fight and not fuss 

At night aim our hearts at truest targets, then after we shall know what it begets!

*** 

-Diana Beatrice Asteria

Thank you for reading 

Support independent arts and writing today on Patreon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of Isolation

As a trans woman I think that...: A Short Essay on Transmisogyny

A Neoplatonic Pagan Philosophical introduction on The Problem of Evil