Ode to depression (poem)

I am dull, I am numb, I am only a person that will stare
I feel null, and it was something that is no longer there
I see that nothing is my life, I see the gray skies above
I hear the soft buzzing noises of the white lights above
The senses are dull, the senses have numbed, for I am null
The self is yearning for pleasure that heals the soul.
The boredom reigns sovereign supreme above all
The joy and merriment of my life is fleeting, for I am null.
Where is the joy and how does one live life to pleasure?
Who is my significant other, who will be my treasure?
When will my life improve, will there be something?
What will come next, what shall we do today, nothing?

-Brittany




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of Isolation

As a trans woman I think that...: A Short Essay on Transmisogyny

A Neoplatonic Pagan Philosophical introduction on The Problem of Evil